We want to protect our children, rightly so, from deficit thinking, from feeling they are a problem because to us they are perfect. When we ask for support there seems to be a mindset that hears ‘Please change my child to make life easier’ and NO we just mean give us a hand! “Hey world...Read More
- My washing up needs doing and my child needs me to be with them all day so could you wash up?
- My child needs some sensory toys to help them regulate them so could you help me pay for them?
- My child can’t be safe in a car park but we need to go to the shop so could you drive us and drop us by the door or could you give us a disabled parking badge as they have an ‘invisible’ disability?
- My child is really sick and needs to see a GP but is deeply anxious and unable to attend the surgery so could you please come to our home and come in calmly and gently to see them?
- I need a shower and I need someone we know well to roleplay being a dog with my child for half an hour so they are comfortable for me to go.